Friday, June 10, 2011

DAY 21

OK, quit whining about my grammar and spelling. I told you in the beginning that I do not do that and my editor is on strike or business or something.

Doc Pawsitive sent this video. He is a hell of a guy!




DAY 21


I had said goodbye to Dr. Stan and Betsy last night since we were leaving at 6am.  Big Red said "Riva Darci" to Bentley and we were off, headed for the Cape May ferry to Delaware. Big Red was complaining ,as I had gained 5 pounds under Betsy's forced feeding.

Transiting New Jersey went much quicker than expected. I took US 206 through Trenton. Not a lovely ride but I wanted to see it anyway.  Just did not get in the picture mood so there is no evidence of the transit.








We were aiming for the 11am ferry from Cape May, NJ to Lewis, Delaware but made the 9:30 with one minute to spare without really rushing.  There is interesting stuff in NJ just nothing on my route that I could get excited about.

                                      



Rolled off in Delaware about 11 and stopped at the beach for a rest from resting on the ferry.  From there we meandered to Trappe, MD.  I cannot even reproduce the route in Google because I don't even know how I got there.  At 2:30, with indicated temperatures hitting over 100, we ended the wandering and headed directly for Trappe.
Our hostess and good friend, Helen Chappell, author and reporter, was out interviewing two private detectives for an article and hopefully a new book. She had a brush with death last year and 5 days in a medically induced coma before her brother and a friend sprung her from the hospital. That has left her memory a little jogged for recalling details but hopefully she is on her way out of that and will turn out a new novel soon.
http://www.crescentblues.com/2_6issue/chappell.shtml

To celebrate mine and Big Red's arrival we went to dinner at Out Of The Fire in Easton.  Helen's good friend and  owner, Amy, met us at the door.  She is a beautiful lady with a hell of a handshake grip. I really enjoyed visiting with her and greatly enjoyed her food.  Though I have been feed well by various greasy spoons  and fine friends, Amy's was the gourmet I meal have been craving for 3 weeks.  I highly recommend the shrimp and grits.  Sounds ordinary, but I can tell you that it is far from ordinary.
http://outofthefire.com/