Thursday, June 2, 2011

DAY 13 & 14 & 15

We said good by to Emile and she was off to see if they could spring Steve from the hospital prison.
Big Red and I headed north.Traffic was a little heavy on the 2 lane roads until we got away from the urban area.  Then it turned into a nice country ride.






The world's dumbest driving range.
Stopped to take a picture of the buggy and all the Amish kids came out.  I was not permitted to photo them but they were the dirtiest kids I have seen in America.
I think I have seen more closed gas stations than any other modern stores.

Anybody see $9.00 of food on this plate?

Should of ate here for hot dogs!

It ended up being a long day, we left at 7:30 and arrived in Corning, NY at 5 pm.  Rooms were a little hard to come by mainly due to construction crews that had been called in for storm damage, but we finally settled into a "choice" hotel. It had recently been almost completely redone.



DAY 14
Visited the Corning Museum.  It was well worth the time and money. Then rode on up the short distance to Watkins Glen, NY where I will be just laying around for the next several days.

DAY 15
Amish rush hour.